Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015

In the past year, I've trudged through heart-rending tribulation, searched for inner understanding and peace, and wondered about my place in this world.  I've given sincere thought to how sociopolitical power works, and deeply contemplated how we can pull together as a human race to address its pressing dangers.

In short, I spent a lot of time thinking and giving myself room to breathe.  This change in my lifestyle was exactly what I needed at this phase of my life.  I feel like, for the most part, I've found myself.  I know who I am.  I know what makes me tick, the lifestyle that works for me, what I want, and what I am capable of doing.


Now that I know who I am, I have moved on towards strengthening the better parts and trying to capitalize on my strengths.  Now I take the first steps.  I will begin the year by writing a thesis on how to distribute power among the many in an organized, democratic anarchy.  I'll finish up my senior year, and with it, a degree in Neuroscience and Linguistics.  Once I'm out, I'll immediately get to work on a prototype for the first website that makes a democratic anarchy feasible, efficient, and powerful.  With that as my primary pursuit, I'll devote my other time to reading and honing my skills as an artist.

My life mission remains the same.  One day, we will be able to use language to communicate with nonhumans.  This next year is when I lay down some of the ground work that makes it possible for more interdisciplinary research to occur, and for the human race to accomplish what it truly wants.  By eliminating the stranglehold of political power that the few have on the many, we can step towards a world where the many are justly compensated for their work, and where individuals have the freedom to follow their dreams.  Once people actually use problem-solving platforms to work together as a species, the wildly interesting projects can begin.  And when they're no longer wage slaves, they can really invest their time in what they want; the people who want to do good will be free to do good.

With an understanding of my past, comfort in my plans for my coming year, and a solid plan for the future, I'm happy and excited.  I truly look forward to the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment