Saturday, March 23, 2013

Maybe a Good Step

I did something a bit spontaneous today... after coming to the conclusion that there were more important things to do with my time than making small talk and looking at funny pictures, I deactivated my facebook.

I really hope I don't accidentally log on out of habit, because it's a bad one that I want to get rid of. Even talking to people over facebook is a detriment.  I've gotten used to communicating anything important through the carefully constructed written mode.  So used to it, that I have lost the ability to speak about things that are emotional for me through speaking.  Since I'm already beginning to lose myself in my elaborate Platonic conception, I decided it's best to do whatever I can to make myself more genuine.  Cut the fluff, stop mincing manners, be a little easier on myself when it comes to social things.  Give myself more time to reach for the one thing that matters.

I'll hope I can come up with some more substantive steps towards those ends.  Getting off facebook is only a topical answer to one piece of the problem.

In other news, I did a few useful things today.  First, I deposited a bunch of bonds from 20 years ago.  It totaled... a lot of money.  I felt obligated to go and spend a bit of it on some things I really, really needed:  a scanner/printer, headphones, and a memory card for my camera.  I also used that scanner to upload a drawing to my gallery.

Well.  Nothing to do now but learn neuroscience and organic chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment