Sunday, March 10, 2013

Some Little Lists of Consequence

So, let's see how long I can go from now without sleeping.  I think I'll be able to hold out for quite a while, even if for no purpose other than the fact that I have a lot of work to catch up on.  It's just... I have this strange compulsion to accomplish something today, and I haven't yet done so.  And I haven't been able to actually do much this weekend because I was busy reading things.

But how did I spend the last 8 hours, again?  Oh... renovating some playlists on iTunes.  Wow.  I guess I did spend 2 or 3 of those actually reading.  Honestly, though, how can people do things without the perfect set of songs to listen to?  I've been itching to fix a bunch of outdated, hastily constructed mixes for a while, but I just hadn't sat down to actually bang out the necessary changes until today.  So I did it, and now I'll be happy for a while.  I think I'm getting to figuring out the sets of music I need for different moods.

Playlists changed:
  • Diabolical
  • Death
  • Existential
  • Spring
Playlists created:
  • Dry Haze
  • Ethereal
  • Growling
  • Industrial

These changes are simply to make all of my work more efficient and put myself in a better place to move forward with my quest of knowing every damn thing there is to know.

Things I've recently learned something about:
  • Contemporary theories of syntax acquisition in children
  • Broad understanding of morphogen-induced development in Aradopsis and animals
  • Headphone anatomy (...largely unintentional)
  • Organic chemistry stuff
  • Dolphins give each other names
Coming soon:
  • Refinement of my understanding in neuroanatomy
  • 3 midterms this week
  • Presidential election in the Glee Club, and the writing of a speech for said position
  • Learning more orgo stuff
Goals identified for the summer:
  • Finish the half of readings that I know I won't have finished by the end of the year
  • Get up to speed with the contemporary body of scientific research on dolphins and language genetics.  Find out who's doing what and where.  This is important because I need to find out where to apply to graduate school.
  • Make money
  • Finish the basement of the house I'm leasing for the year

Totes feeling good about things!

No comments:

Post a Comment